Monday, January 28, 2008

sand+water=SERIOUS CHAFFING!





Well, I spent my first official day at the beach today, and let me tell you it was some adventure! The ocean was very angry the day we went and for a begining body border the waves were rather large. My roommates wouldn't even try it, but I did. There is a reason they call the beach that we went to "pounders" The second you got caught under one of those waves you were living proof that science was real....what goes up must come down. I was so sore the next day! It was really painful. But i loved it and am so excited for the opportunity to go do it again! Hawaii is beautiful. I know I've said this like a hundred times but it is a hundred percent true! I've never felt so loved and excepted before anywhere in my entire life. It doesn't matter here if you are fat or thin or silly or maybe not the best looking person people just love you here and you can feel super confident with the person that you are, no matter who that is. And that is how I feel, for the first time in my life I'm happy with who I truly am. Of course I still want to improve and become a better person but it's so good to know that people will love you despite all of your flaws and inperfections. PS just so you all know I got a pair of shorts to button comfortably and remain comfortably buttoned (it's actually a snap) all day! YES! I love you all so much and am so grateful for the love and support that I constantly feel and am getting from my family. Thanks for helping to be and feel beautiful! Also, just by way of information I got called to be the teacher development teacher in my ward that's pretty exciting. I'm a little nervous for the calling because it requires me to teach all the teachers how to teach...yikes! I was also sick for the first time, I was suffering from a chest cold and I thought it was developing into bronchitis, well I asked for a blessing and this boy from Japan and a memeber of the bishopric gave me one (the boy from Japan did the oil and he didn't know how to do it in english so he did it in Japanesse) and it was a most beautiful blessing. I felt one hundred percent better by the end of the night and my chest still didn't hurt in this morning. I bear testimony to you that miracles do happen and the Lord helps us when we put our full faith in him and trust in Him to help us in our time of need.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Abs, I just don't get to have as much fun as you do thats why my postings are few and far between! And you're welcome to have a sleep over at our house anytime. You are a great cousin and I'm glad to say you are a great friend too! I'll post soon, I promise.

Lara said...

I experienced the same love and acceptence when I stayed with your family on Maui. When I got home I had alot more confidence in myself.
I made some friends, that I wish that we could have kept the friendship over the thousands of miles (not as easy in the Paper World, Technology has been a wonderful thing for keeping in touch with friends and loved ones.)
I tried out for basketball when I got home, which I never would have done before I went to Hawaii.
That confidence helped me get through some pretty crappy times the rest of High School. I can't imagine what it would have been like without that confindence and the asurrances of the gospel that I knew to be true.
Love ya Abs... Be safe!