Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Polynesian Culture Center


Tonight, I officially worked my first night at the PCC. It was AWESOME!! I love working there. I love the culture diversity and all the beautiful people that I'm working with. This is my awesome uniform and I have a blue one just like it. The PCC is an awesome place. I missed a play audition to work, I'm hoping I can still get an audition in tomorrow, but, if not I will just have to do the play. You win some you loose some I guess. I also got to eat dinner with all the new hires the other night and I sat with someone from Samoa, Fiji, and Korea. It was really awesome to get four different nationalities together and to be able to visit with them and get to know a lot about them.(They also taught me and let me taste raw fish...they eat it in all their countries like it's noraml...it was great!) BYU-H and the PCC are truly wonderful. Nowhere else in the world can you get this many great people together of different nationalities eating and laughing together in such a simple manner. BYU-H truly is the churches biggest secret. If anyone could explain in words how great this place truly was than the line would be out the door for people to come hear and nobody would ever leave. I love it hear and I hope all of you are doing well at home. All my love! Aloha!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Your outfit totally matches your sweet walls! You look so cute...what do you do at the PCC?

Oh, and I totally have a picture of myself in front of that gigantic anchor...how funny.

Dad said...

I told you that you would get the Aloha fever...I just thought that it might take longer than a week.

Wait until you get to know the church stories of all these people you are meeting, then you'll really be amazed.

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Hey Ab's, I told you that I would get on tonight. Love the picture with your dress, especially in your gehko room. It matches so nicely. Thanks for sharing all your pictures.

Kent looks cute......have you spent anymore time with him?

Have a great day, week 2 is almost over. so SAD!

Love ya, mom