Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Challenge

Aloha my dearest Ohana...for those who don't know, that means hello family. I have a special challenge for all of you. Today(whatever day it be that you read this) I would like you to do something extremly special and nice to a complete stranger today. Make someone smile, and make them feel like that when they go home they can tell there ohana about the awesome thing that was said to them today. The reason? Because today at work I worked with someone (another employee) that was extremly unhappy and it got me very frustrated, yet the other night at work I helped a customer who gave me a beautiful compliment about my looks and how I reminded them of someone at home who was the sweetest most beautiful girl they knew. Thinking of these two situations tonight I realize the different feelings I have coming home from work. So, that is the challenge, make someones day. Let them go home with a smile, and let them always remember and realize that there are still great people in this world who understand the meaning of true happiness.

8 comments:

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Nice challenge. I will make it a personal quest to help make someones day better. Thanks for the reminder, sometimes it's hard to always try to make a difference in someones day. I am grateful for the challenge to accomplish such a great thing.

Go see The Bucket List. It falls right in line with your challenge!!! Dad and I thought this was a great movie.

Love ya so much. Have a great day

Edna said...

Hi, Abi! Your challenge is great--it falls right in line with "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God" and also part of the outdoor code for the BSA: always leave a place better than you found it... I like to translate that to: Always leave a person feeling better than you found them.

Unknown said...

I love this idea Abi! I will be sure to take you up on it!

Emily said...

Such a great idea...isn't it amazing how a smile or kind words can totally brighten our day? I totally accept the challenge...great idea!

Rachel Holste said...

Abi,
This is Rachel Holste! Your Mom told me about your Blog. I have so loved looking at it. It looks like you are having the time of your life! Enjoy it! Take care of yourself!
Love, Rachel

Lani said...

Hi Abi! Aunt Lan here! I was reading my girls' blogs and saw your name and clicked on it. I've had fun reading all the old blogs! What a wonderful opportunity for you! Tell us more about your job at the PCC. I loved the wegdie machine vidoe. You are very brave, I don't think I would have climbed that cliff! Your mom has a serious Idenity crisis! she is not your Aunt! I AM! Or may I should sign this MOM! Hey Abi have fun! I'll read your blog more often!

Lara said...

Abs!!! I didn't know you had a blog until today. I'll have to check it more often. I have a book I want you to read...It goes along with you challenge. An LDS man wrote it, and his family carries out "The Message". Send me you address in a text, and I'll send it with a care package.From your most awesome oldest cousin on the Fox side!!!!
Love Ya!!! Have loads of fun.
Lara

Lani said...

I took your challenge. I took some chicken noodle soup to an older couple up the street. I love to sit and visit with them. I learn so much from them. Love you Abs! Lani