Sunday, January 13, 2008



I went to my first luau! (I'm not really sure that is how you spell it) Well, none the less...I really enjoyed it! There was plenty of food, ice cream, games, and of course...dancing!!! These girls here (from left to right) Hannah, Ursula, and MingMing are the friends I made at the dance. We had so much fun. It even started raining so we danced the night away in the rain! It was super fun and I'm so glad I got to make new friends ad get soaking wet and was able to spend some time with these girls from Samoa and New Zealand. That is one of my favorite parts about going to school here is the true cultural differences that you find. People really do come from all walks of life but it's really cool to see everyone come together and just be so fun and loving. And, for the first time since I've been here, and in my hole life, I was referred to and called a Halea to my face....by Mingming...sweet of her wasn't it? :)

5 comments:

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Hard to believe that these pictures with you in them are really from Hawaii. Thanks for sharing all your experiences with us. Thank heaven for Heavenly Father's blessings of technology. Keep having fun and no stressing out about ANYTHING!!!! Remember that you are in paradise and enjoy every moment of it..... It ends way too fast. Love ya tons.
Mom & Dad

Edna said...

Like your mom said, thanks for the blessings of technology! It is wonderful that we can so easily connect with those we love no matter how far away they are! I love your blog and will enjoy the updates. I am sure I will feel I am experiencing some of Hawaii right along with you as you share your photos and feelings. And I am also sure those beautiful girls are glad to have you as a friend now, too!!

Emily said...

I'm so glad you are taking full advantage of the time you get to spend there...way to go! Dancing in the rain sounds totally fun to me! And those beaches...ahhh...I don't know if I can read your blog anymore, I get too jealous!

Aimee said...

I had a dream last night that Ryan and I moved to Hawaii! It was the best dream ever. I miss being in college, it's such a fun time.

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

hi, I'm brynne and found your blog through the comments page on emily's. I read your comment about being in Hawaii and HAD to check your blog out. I went to BYUH and loved every minute of it! I graduated from there and dream every day of returning that tha sacred place. Live it up while you can, and come to love everyone you meet! It's a once in a life time opportunity! ALoha!