Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Job




Hi everyone! Thanks for all of your comments on my dating blog. I appreciate them. I know that I just need to be friends first, I just get so nervous. I need to get over this nervousness and just put myself out there....Anyways, back to the current blog at hand. I thought I should add a few pictures of where I work and give a few more details. First off I love my job! It's beautiful and I love doing what I do. I work at a luau that serves the same food, performes the same show, and goes through the exact same routines every day....but it's perfect. So far I've seen two people I know from Grantsville and that's been really excited. Usually I either wear my red or blue dress and do whatever they tell me to do. That is wait tables, make sure the buffet stays full, or fill juices. (p.s if it isn't water in Hawaii it's juice (even soda pop)) just a little Hawaii fact there for you. Anyways, everynight they have two employees of the same race dress up and be the "greeters" We stand at the entrance welcoming people and putting leis on them and saying "Aloha Family" It's a beautiful job and so far my very favorite of all the jobs I do. Tonight there were two gentlemen from Australia who came in and wanted to take their pictures with me with their camera. They did and after they were done they looked at me and said I was the prettiest thing/person they had seen in all Hawaii. It made me feel great...and I'm not even polynesian! I've had lots of people take my picture and I wonder how many walls or photo albums I will end up in all across the world. It kind of makes a person feel rather important! (I took the photo you see now at the end of the night, so I'm not sure if the Australians would say the same thing now...but you know The photos also done in the dressing room and on a self timer. I'll get a better one next time, I promis!) I hope and pray that I'm making some kind of difference in all of these peoples lives. I love you all once again. Keep smiling and working hard. The Lord is blessing our lives in ways that we can't even imagine!

2 comments:

Edna said...

Being one of those whose lives you've touched, I can assure you that there are many whose lives are better because of you and most likely you won't even know about a majority of them.

Aimee said...

You look HOT! Who wouldn't want to take their picture with you? You are great and your blog is so uplifting! Thanks for all you do to put a smile on my face.