Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Shaky Shaky pouw pouw

Sorry that it has been so long since I blogged last. But, as you know the boys came out to visit and I've been spending all of my free time with them. It was so much fun to have them here and I absolutely loved it! We did all of the regular tourist things such as Pearl Harbor the Polyonisien Culture Center, the Beach. We also island hopped to Maui where we spent time with old friends, saw the houses we used to live in and did lots of the tourist stuff there also. It was a much needed and much enjoyed vacation, however, I was very excited for it to be done and to get back to my normal life. It's hard sometimes for someone to come visit you esecially when you live in a place like Hawaii because it's their vacation but this is my life and sometimes it's hard to balance out the difference. I loved spending time in Maui, and infact if I ever stayed in Hawaii for a long period of time I would choose Maui...it's so beautiful and just so friendly. You cannot find people like you find in Hawaii anywhere else in the world. They truly are marvelous. The boys also had a good time while they were here, picking up on the babes and basking in the Sunlight in the beautiful month of February.
There was a surprise waiting for me when I got home. I recieved a letter in the mail from the BYU Jerusalem Center program...and surprisingly enough I got in! They only take 80 kids a sememster, half boys half girls...and I got in! You can ONLY go for a semester and you can ONLY go once...so this truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm excited to take it though, though it is a very pretty penny. But, I'm going to exhaust all options on how to pay for it, because in 30 years I will be so sad if I look back and know that I didn't got because of the money. I got accepted for Summer semester so I'll be gone June 24-August 14. The Miss Grantsville pageant wasn't till the 28th of June but I talked to the lady and they said they would move it to the 21st so that I could still take this opportunity and get my scholarship money. Everthing just seems to be falling into place and I'm living the dream...I'm doing exactly what I've always wanted to do.
There is one slight problem though. I don't know if this happened to all you before you got married or if it ever happens to you now, but do you ever just get the urge to snuggle. Well, if you don't good for you, but sometimes I get it bad. All I want to do is just sit really close to someone and lean on his shoulder and just sit there forever and talk. Well, the problem with this senario is that I don't have that someone, and it's hard to find that someone when I'm leaving for the summer and stuff. So, that part kind of stinks, and not everyday, but sometimes I really get upset about this problem. It's a terrible kind of lonely feeling. Please tell me I'm not the only one to experience this?
Okay, I just saw the hugest coacroach ever! The bugs here are giant. It's so crazy how large they can get. School is going well, i'm definitly ready for a break. I had to walk out on a tennis class today because I got so stressed out at the teacher that I had to just leave before I voiced my opinion. I didn't know what else to do. I feel like a terrible person now and I know I need to go and talk to her one on one now but that will be so hard for me. But, I guess it's the hard things that make us stronger. Have you ever had an experience like this before where you just couldn't hold your anger any longer and all you could think to do was leave...or am I the only one to ever loose control?
Well, this blog is getting long, I better leave and I'll just add more later. Loves hugs and more!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

First of all...Congrats on getting into the program! That totally rocks. Second, you are not alone in just wanting to snuggle with someone. I'm not a touchy feely person, but even now that I'm married I need a good cuddle now and then. Thirdly, you are not a bad person for not agreeing with a teacher just talk to her and straighten every thing out. Fourthly, I'm glad I don't have to deal with big bugs like that on a daily basis...I would go nuts. Fifthly, really I just wanted a fifthly but have nothing to say with the fifthly except that it might not even be a real word!

Edna said...

Abi, we need to have a chat again! Call me on my home phone sometime so we can talk about some of the things you just asked about. And let me tell you my cockroach story! We lived in the Philippines when I was young, and I will never forget that getting up in the middle of the night was an adventure. It would be "crunch, crunch, crunch" all the way to the bathroom! That is, if you tried walking in the dark. If you turned on the light the roaches would scatter and hide. Do you have geckos there?

Congratulations again on being accepted to the Jerusalem program. When you get there I'm going to have you look up a friend of mine who is there studying medicine. She's wanting to be a doctor.