Monday, November 24, 2008

Vegas Baby

I'm spending the next week in California with one of my girlfriends from school. Well, we decided that it was much cheaper to drive then fly so we called it our first ever college road trip. She met me at my house Friday night...after driving from Rexburg...and then we took off early Saturday morning to begin the 10 and a half hour trek to Riverside California. It was a really fun drive actually and it was good to have two drivers. We only stopped for gas...the rule was that if you had to pee you just had to hold it because we weren't stopping. Well, we only had to stop once..in Vegas so we held it for a very long time. In Vegas we had the sweet opportunity to meet up with my cousins Steve and Emily and just make a quick stop to have lunch, some gellato, and a short walk through the Belagio. It was so fun...I love those guys, and I'm so grateful that we stopped and visited for 3 hours because Emily made a point during our visit that they are spending Christmas in Orgen with her family and so won't be able to spend it in Grantsville with my family for my farewell and stuff so I won't see them until after my mission...tear tear. So thanks Em and Steve for the bite to eat, and the quick visit. I love you guys!
We got to California late Saturday night, ate a small dinner and hit the sack. At least I did, I was SO tired! Sunday was so cool. That is definitly one of my most favorite parts of the church is that no matter where you go you can find a ward and the Spirit is still the same and ########## always remains constant. It is the only constant in my young life right now and I'm so grateful for my membership therein and my testimony.
During sacrament meeting man had a diabetes attack and we had to stop for 10 or 15 minutes to help him. It was so cool to see the church rally together, even in their simple silent prayers, to help this man. I love ##########! It's the best thing in this entire world!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yea Vegas rules! I'm so glad you guys stopped by for a minute so we could see you. And glad you made it to CA safely!

Have tons of fun!