Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Mission Call

Cleveland Ohio. Yes, that is where I will be spending a year and a half of my life. In the blistering cold of North Eastern America, and the humid summers of Lake Erie. I'll be speaking in church on the 28th of December. I'm going to the Salt Lake Temple Saturday November 15th. It's the 4pm session and I'm inviting all my friends and family that can make it to be there. I'm so excited to serve the Lord and dedicate my life to him for just a small moment. For those of you who haven't heard there is quite the story in the opening of my call.

When I got my call out of the mailbox, I was the only one home. I was ready to rip it open right then and there. However, I decided that I couldn't handle the upsetness of my mother after. So, I called her and told her it was here. Well, Dad and Ethan are out of town for a couple of days and Emalee was...well doing whatever Emalee does...and Winston of course is down at school. So, we got permission to open it and I went up to the store where we got everyone else on speakerphone and mom and I and Emalee opened the call.

As I read the letter..."Sister McNeil you have been called to serve in the New Jersey Cherry Hills Mission Departing February 11." right on! I was so happy about this I've never been to the east coast so that will be awesome! Well, We opened my little booklet thing to see what my area was and mom says, "Abi, we have a problem" Oh dear, what could it be. Well, your booklet is for Cleveland Ohio! As you have probably guess we were in quite the predicament. We had to call church headquarters, figure out what the deal was. Well, after a while I discovered that the letter was addressed to a Sister Madeline McNeil. I just didn't notice at first because I was so excited to read the call. well, Yes, my call is to Cleveland Ohio where I will happily serve the Lord for 18 months. And my departure date it much earlier so that makes me happy.

5 comments:

Emily said...

CONGRATULATIONS ABI!!!!
That was so fast, I can't believe you already know where you're going...crazy! My friend went to Ohio and loved it. I have always wanted to visit that part of the country. I'm so excited for you!

Dewey said...

Congrats Abi! That is SO exciting!! My roomate from college, her family lives in that mission and her dad is in the Stake Presidency for her stake, so maybe you will run into them! You will make such an awesome missionary!!!

Lani said...

WOW! I'm so excited for you! You have such a strong testimony and you radiate such happiness that the people in Ohio will be so glad that you came to them! Good Luck in your preparations! You will need to be a power shopper! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Abi! You will be a great missionary!

Aimee said...

So I just realized I didn't comment on your mission call blog and that I just texted my congrats. I'm a horrible cousin! So CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! You will make a fantastic missionary!