Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th!

crawling through a little cave

Headlights rock!

my nasty toe

Hanging out on the town

Michael, Caitlin, Abi, Gregg

This is the view of the Jerusalem Center from the old city

I love the fourth of July. It is my most favorite holiday. How sad I am that I was not able to be in the greatest country of them all this year. I'm so grateful and proud to be an American and for all the many blessings that Heavenly Father so abundantly pours upon me.
Now, for some cool stories. Since I last blogged, which was a coupld of days ago, I've been able to so some pretty amazing things. First, we got to go to the western wall last night and welcome in the sabbath. We are not allowed to take pictures because that is working on sunday so I will have to take pictures of it a different day of the week, however it won't be the same because it is not as crowded. it was awesome. That was a neat experience. The western wall is the most holy place to the jews and it was neat to go there and pray with them, dance with them, and sing, well more like hum with them because I don't know the words. I love being here and just embracing different cultures and learning from them. The biggest thing a person can learn though is that we are all not so different after all. Though they pray and worship differently it is all the same God in my eyes, and so it's just neat to see how different we can be. The curriculum here at the center has proven to be quite the challenge. It's a lot of work and it all comes so quickly. We took a midterm yesterday, can you believe that, a midterm and I've only been here a week!! AH! It's a lot of work, but it's worth it because I'm learning a lot. I'm spending as much time out in the city as possible, I just love being out there and knowing where I am and what's happening.
We leave for Egypt tomorrow, we can't take our laptops, so I'm not sure how long it will be until I can blog again. But I'll do my best. Church today was completly amazing. It was such a fabulous testimony meeting and I loved everything about it! I love being here with these 79 other students and letting them change my life is so incedible. They are all such amazing people and I hope that I can one day have just a part of the light that is in them. There testimonies are amazing, they are good students, and they are great friends. I love them. We've only been here a short while yet we all are in agreement that we have known eachother forever. That's how great it is. I know that I was supposed to be here this semester and meet the people that are here.
I love and miss you all at home! I pray for you and think of you often!

3 comments:

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Hey Abs...love the pictures, except for the toe. Looks horrible!!! What a cute blog. You have some really cute pictures here. What fun times you are having. The 4th of July was uneventful for us. Too much wind and dust and heat for a lot of fun to be had outdoors. Atleast for me, I'm a whimp in the heat. Give me 70 - 80 degrees and I am fine, any more is a bit much.

So how excited are you to head to Egypt. Another stamp in your passport. How exciting. Find some good souvenirs there. Don't know what might be considered good so use your best judgement. Remember that camels SPIT, stand back!!!!!

All the boys in the pictures are cute, but if I were to guess I would say either of the 2 to your left? Am I right?

Well today is slow now. Had some customers earlier, but it has died now. Sooooo....have a great trip to Egypt. Write and or blog as soon as you can. I love you - have a great trip and be careful.

All my love

Mom

Lani said...

It's about time you started blogging again! I'd given up looking for updates! Wow what a neat experience to see all the sacred places of the Bible. I can't even imagine what a spiritual experience you are having! I love the pics. I can almost imagine myself there! Love you and have a wonderful time!

Aimee said...

Eww, eww, eww!! Your toe looks horribly painful! I'm glad you're having such a great time, it looks like so much fun and so inspiring. Wow, Egypt that totally rocks. Live it up, which I can see that you are. Love ya