Wednesday, July 2, 2008

All is Well

I don't know if you have heard from the news yet about the terrorist attack here, right in downtown, but you should know that we are all perfectly fine. Nobody was down there because we were all gone to a field trip today. So just know that I and everyone else is okay. We did have a really fun, and long day today. We went to the lower valleys, between here and the beach and saw so many places in the old testemant. We saw where the story of samson and delilah happened and we also saw where the battle of David and Goliath would have happened. As well as where both of them lived and would have come from for this battle. Also we saw a bunch of under ground watering systems and got to wonder around some of those caves and such. It was pretty awesome. We are seeing so many cool things and sometimes it is so hard to soak it all in because there is just so much information. It's crazy. I'm loving the people that I am here with. I'm just so impressed with the respect level that everyone has already established for everyone else. My toe is healing okay, it was doing fine all day in the dust and crawling around and stuff until caitlin accidently stepped on it and ripped a new layer of skin off. Gross, I know. But what can you do right? I'm trying to catch up on all the pictures I've taken to remember what they are and stuff so that I'll have a record of them, but it's hard with all the other stuff I have to do, but that's okay.
I'm sorry I don't have much to say today. We've been gone all day, and it's been a very fun and eventful day but I'm just so tired. Oh, we did go out last night and experience some of the night life. It was so fun! We went to west jerusalem, where we are a loud to go after dark and just walked around the shops and stuff. I felt like a true college kid again, it was so fun! Well, I love you all. This will have to be a short one, my brain is kind of fried and I still have a lot of homework to do!

1 comment:

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Appreciate the post. I was beginning to wonder about you and the attack stuff. I knew you were out on a FT today, so I was curious. Not nervous! I know that the Lord with take care of you, whatever may be. Sorry you have to go through the pain in your toe again. I'm sure Caitlin felt bad.

It was good to talk to you just now. I am so glad that you are having such a good time. Lots to do, see and experience. thanks for sharing it with us.

Love mom