Thursday, September 18, 2008

Proud to be an American



I was driving through town yesterday when I passed the Macey's grocery store. In their parking lot they have a giant american flag that waves proudly over the town of Tooele. And, at the Miller Motor Sports Park, which is placed almost in the direct center of the valley there is an even bigger flag that waves proudly welcoming all who come from any direction. As I watched Old Glory proudly wave in all her beauty and splendor I began to think of all the reasons that I am PROUD to be an American.
I'm PROUD of this country, though in economic crisis it would seem because we know we will pull out of it, we will learn from this and be better because of it, just like other times in our history.
I'm PROUD of a Heavenly inspired government where we live in a place of so many great freedoms.
I'm PROUD to have my religious freedoms. To live in a country where I can share my testimony openly and willing with all that I come in contact with. I'm so grateful that I can worship my Heavenly Father in the best ways that I see fit and that I can believe because of my own free will, independent of any other person, not because someone is forcing me too, or because that is my only option.
I'm PROUD of our military who volunteer their time and their efforts to defending me and standing up for me.
I'm PROUD of its people who live with their heads held high because they know they live in a the greatest country of them all. I'm grateful that we can dream, and we can dream anything, because it is a reality that it can come to you and happen. In America if you dream it, you can believe it, and you can have it.
I'm PROUD of a country who knows how to work. Of people who work for things they have rather than just sitting around and waiting for the government to take care of them.
I'm PROUD to be an American for a countless number of reasons, I could go on and on. But mostly I would hope that others to are PROUD and that they would look around and realize how great we do have it, and that they would stand up and fight and defend and live for all those great freedoms that each and everyone of us can call ours. As OLD GLORY flies so proudly above our little valley I'm grateful to see her flying. To know that she bows to nobody, and it is in the time of crisis that we need to remember what we are, and who we are. We are Americans, citizens of the best country in the world, and now, in a time that she most desperetly needs it, we must stand by her side and be PROUD of all the things she stands for and defend them. Be so very PROUD to be an American. I know that I am.

1 comment:

Lani said...

Great Blog Abi! I too love our country! I'm proud to be an American! I really thankful that I was born in this free land with all the opportunities I've been given to live a free and happy life! Where hard work brings blessing! And you know that the lives of your children will be even better than mine! Love you Aunt Lan