Tuesday, April 29, 2008

home sweet home?

I made it home safe and sound. It was quite the experience getting home however, first my airling went out of business so then i had to get a entire new ticket. Well, I got on a plane Wednesday night..hawaii time, and met this very nice boy who talked to me the entire way home, at least it kept me from being sick. Well, he invited me to breakfast with him when we landed in Portland. We went to breakfast and then I went to catch my next fly and I got bumped, for two hours. Well, I got a two hundred dollar gift thing, and breakfast again but then I got bumped again. I waited at Portland for five hours. When I got to SLC it was a dissappointing sight to fly over the Salt Lake compared to the ocean, oh well. Mom and dad picked me up, told me to hurry and find a skirt and that we were going to the temple. It was the perfect first activity for being home. I was tired and beat, but I did go to the temple. the surprise for mom was I learned how to play the Ukulele while in Hawaii, I will record myself playing it and post it for everyone to see. Love you all!

1 comment:

Edna said...

Abi, it's great to see your smiling face again! And it was a special moment for me when I got to see you temple right after you arrived home! The temple is my favorite place, and to be there with some of my favorite people makes it even better!

I know how to play the ukelele, too! My dad taught all of us when we were little and we grew up playing together. Our family performed in programs. Sometimes I was on the piano, some of the family on the ukeleles, one brother on bongo drums, Dad on the guitar, Mom on the accordion. It was a lot of fun--I've got some great memories! I'm looking forward to hearing you play and stirring up some of those memories for me! Come visit sometime before you leave again!