Friday, December 26, 2008

writing my talk

Okay, so as I've said before I'm speaking in church this Sunday...you know for my mission...well, I'm having the HARDEST time writing this talk. I don't know why. I keep using the excuse that I don't know what to say, or that I'm distracted or I can't focus where I'm currently at...all three of those are true.

I wish I was blessed with a better gift for the using of words. I'm worried my talk will be lame and all the people that have come to listen to it will be disappointed. I want to much to say something inspiring that I can't say anything at all. It's very frustrating. Mom says that it will be fine, and that my talks are always good...but there is a first time for everything.

I realize now why it was so smart for the church to do away with "farewells" because it's stressful enough just getting ready to leave on your mission, plus speaking in church, but then making a big deal out of it...I can see how that could be much worse. By the way...thanks SO SO much Aimee and Ryan for making it a point to come out! I can't wait for you to get here!

Well, that's the news of the day, is the struggle for me to write my talk. Any words of encouragement that you wish to offer would indeed be helpful. Thanks everyone!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I was sorry that I didn't get to hear your talk! But I was praying for you while you were speaking even if I was in Idaho! I'm glad we were able to go through the temple with you though! You will make a great missionary! And you will help others to gain a testimony and to strengthen all those you come in contact with. We will continue to pray for you throughout your mission! Love you Abs

Lani said...

The last comment was of course from Aunt Lan ... Dave doesn't even know what a blog is... much less make a comment of one!

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful talk Abs, I am so proud of you. Give em' heaven!

Emily said...

Good luck Abi! I hope your talk went well. I'll be thinking about you as you get ready to leave! It's going to be so cold in Ohio!

Aimee said...

I am the worst cousin ever!!! I feel horrible that we couldn't make it down there after all, really, I feel so bad! You are so strong and were always destined to be a missionary, that's why you'll do so great! And I'm sure your talk was awesome. Good luck and I will promise you at least one letter in the next 18 months! Love you tons, Abi!